? about mounting depth

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
I'm looking at a JL 8w3v3, which has 4 9/16 md. My box has 4 1/2 md. 1/16 isnt a big difference. It is a sealed enclosure, with the correct internal volume. Will I be able to use the sub in my box, or will I have to have a new one? Any way to gain 1/16? Thanks.

Also you can sand out a small spot on the back wall of the box if you need a little more room, such as an angled truck box and the corner of the magnet barely hits.

I know it is 1/16 to big for my box. I am not sure if that is a conservative measurement on the sub. I thought about sanding, because if the sub will fit, everything else is perfect. Any more thoughts/opinions? Thanks.

Everything is correct as far as internal volume. I'm confident that if it fits the enclosure, it will sound great, couldn't build a better enclosure (assuming it will fit, if not, back to square one). Thanks.

Just add a spacer ring to the front of the box to push the sub out 3/4".

*note*

If there is a pole vent this will not work and you would need to add about 1.5" to the front of the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.