A walled cutlass no more :( ***Story/Pics of why***

His insurance will pay for your car. His liability insurance pays for damage to other people's property if he is at fault... and since he got the ticket, he is at fault.

He would have gotten a ticket for no insurance if he didn't have any.

Ok, well michigan is a no fault state. But i think what im going to do is try to settle outside of court with him. Ill just tell him that im well aware of the fact that i can get 1500 in small claims court or we could settle for 1000 out of court.

PS: Im lookin at a 91 Honda CRX today! Im gonna send him an offer and if he takes it ill be starting a build log pretty quick.

$1000 bucks is reasonable, I t-boned a guy before in his POS beater and the guy accepted my offer of $600 in cash so it doesn't get filed.

If you're going to settle something out-of-court then I strongly recommend a signed agreement of some sort.

Ok, well michigan is a no fault state. But i think what im going to do is try to settle outside of court with him. Ill just tell him that im well aware of the fact that i can get 1500 in small claims court or we could settle for 1000 out of court.

PS: Im lookin at a 91 Honda CRX today! Im gonna send him an offer and if he takes it ill be starting a build log pretty quick.
No. Don't try to settle it out of court, that never works.

Take him to court, sue him for $1500 for the damages, $500 for medical bills and whatever you feel is necessary for pain and suffering. Seriously, **** that guy.

wow, just wow at every ones instant reaction to sue
your gonna sue a guy with probably no money....

Bingo, WE HAVE A WINNAR!!!! Thats why I don't want to sue. I'm sure he doesn't have any money left after buying his car this past weekend. I think if i do anything ill try to settle on a small amount. Ill also get 500 from his insurance. And then ill donate the car and get some tax return.

O and btw, i drove an hour to see this CRX today. Got there and the guy couldnt get it started for a while haha. So **** that. Im calling around still tho.

Bingo, WE HAVE A WINNAR!!!! Thats why I don't want to sue. I'm sure he doesn't have any money left after buying his car this past weekend. I think if i do anything ill try to settle on a small amount. Ill also get 500 from his insurance. And then ill donate the car and get some tax return.
O and btw, i drove an hour to see this CRX today. Got there and the guy couldnt get it started for a while haha. So **** that. Im calling around still tho.
This thread made me lol. First off, he has a job, they're going to take the money you sue him for out of his paycheck if he doesn't want to pay. Secondly you should sue him for pain and suffering, and the damage to your car, that's the only way he will learn to pay attention when he drives. That's why all these people drive crazy like that because people like you allow them to damage your stuff and get away with it so they think they can drive however they want. Lastly how can you feel bad about suing him but then you don't mind asking for donations from strangers here who have nothing to do with what happened to your car.

He doesn't have to have money, he has insurance.

The procedure is, the cop writes a ticket that places the blame on the defendant. The victim receives the defendant's insurance information. Victim contact's defendant's insurance company, a claim is filed, the ball is then rolling. The insurance company will accept responsibility based on the ticket written at the scene, send out an appraiser to asses the damage, which is where/when they decide to total or not. At this point the insurance company would mail you paperwork with their offer, to which you would sign and send back to them. Some time later you would receive a check in the mail.

If the insurance company drags their feet, it may be necessary to start the process to sue the defendant, usually just calling them and informing them you are starting the process to take them to small claims court is enough. They call their insurance company, lean on them to process the claim, and **** gets done.

I had to go through this all 2 years ago myself.

He actually did get a ticket. Maybe you missed that part or st. But he got off easy for sure. Ik if i sue him in small claims court i can get 1500 from him and an additional 500 from his insurance company. Which would pay for the CRX. The issue is that the guy who hit me is a cashier at my workplace
For some reason when I first read it, I thought you said he got off with a warning. My bad. Since he got a ticket for failure to yield the right of way, you have every right to pursue his insurance company for compensation. The cop should have told you this at the scene.

No. Don't try to settle it out of court, that never works.
Take him to court, sue him for $1500 for the damages, $500 for medical bills and whatever you feel is necessary for pain and suffering. Seriously, **** that guy.
My neighbor backed into my car parked on the street, then knocked on my door with a $1000 check.

And I love the diagrams, very informative. I see no reason not to take it to court with skillz like those.

I think you should just call dudes insurance, get them to assess the damage and award you a check, dude has liability insurance right?

op, 1. a sore back could mean a lot more than just a sore back. i got in an accident and my sore back turned out to be a herniated disc 2 months later. GO GET YOURSELF CHECKED OUT!! 2. you are not suing him, thats why he has insurance, nothing will happen to him except for his premium going up. go get the money you deserve.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.