A read for new people looking for help-a warning

you came here , no one made you come here
how did you come here looking for help a few months ago , the join date on the user name is 2011

that said the join date 3.5 years ago shows interest in car audio by that user with 40 months of history

people graduate college in 4 years

so in nearly 4 years you have not soaked up enough knowledge , that you needed help with a system a few months back

that says quite a bit about your character

it is not rocket science

it is fastening equipment in locations in a car , running wires neatly . safely joining the equipment

you say you where advised , you asked question , got answers based on the members opinions on what you should buy and what you should do

you chose to listen to members you felt most comfortable with

now you come back warning people

come on man , really

the stereo store , a brick and mortar shop , that depends on walk in traffic to pay for , rent / electric / phone / tools / pay roll / vendors for inventory

what else could they tell you other than what they did to get you to give them business

you say boomsday built you a bad box

i am offended by your post

people come here because they do not have coin to pay for a shop

that said , quite crying , make another box

or learn how to adjust your stuff

or pay the store to do it for you

i will give a warning , if people do not know what they are doing they can burn their car to the ground , and if in a garage the house too

forget about it not sounding good

grow up
Hey **** head, just because i started a account that long ago doesn't mean i was active on the forum. Yes i did ask question, hence the first line of my post. So i do take responsibilty for what i bought. I don't blame anyone. I spent so much money on this system thinking i knew what i was getting into becasue of advise i got in here. I would have been better off spending 300$ on a used system. My point is to inform some new members lookings for "oppinions" that you get on here aren't always correct. I'm trying to help people not rush into something like i did. Next time please put more spaces in your post!

Buying something doesn't equate to having good stuff. I have put in a few systems but know when to let someone else install ****. I imagine that's half the issue if not more. Improperly installed gear and bad settings.

Guys, let's settle down and stick to what's at hand. It's not a contest of ego hits. We can take away positives from each post and go from there. Let's focus on helping the guy out.
i go above and beyond to help people

i am glad to help him

i think he could have simply posted my system is not sounding good unless i play hip hop

simple no warning needed

he spent a lot of money that he should not have spent without knowing more about how things work

he was fueled by taking for granted that the stereo store is correct in what they said

simple fact is settings on amp need to be adjusted

settings on head unit need to be adjusted

this is free

if that is not cutting it lesson learned he needs a box adjustment

no warning he should have just asked for help and leave it at that

Sounds like you have good enough equipment homie, listen to these folks here and you will get straightened out. I have never ran any SQ subs so I do not know if they work well in a sealed box, but if they do you can probably cannibalize the ported box and knock it down to sealed pretty easy and cheap. again. Welcome to car audio the best lessons are often expensive lol. plenty of knowledge here to get you squared away.

I know Boomsday is an expert box builder, but that box still seems big for a pair of HDS2 12's. They're not exactly SQ's top of the line sub either. Your standards may be too high if you've heard other good systems. Everybody wants more bass than they have. You listen to a system for a while and get used to it. This is the addiction, and it leaves you always wanting more.

Not saying your system can't be improved. The EQ on your head unit looked weird to me. Also, as stated, your amp settings may not be ideal.

make it easy for us to help you

don't make us read your old threads

car

eq

front stage

Head unit

Rear Fill

processor

Mid and high amp

Woofer/woofers

box size net cu feet/tuning / slot/aero/sealed / port & driver position

head unit settings

amps settings

Right now you are just saying "this fking system *****" But your not really giving us more in depth details.

turn down your subsonic filter, 3/4 is a little bit high your practically cutting off almost all bass frequencies. Make your head unit Equalization to flat turn the subsonic filter down to 1/3.

Throw some mdf wood blocks inside the box. It'll make the box smaller and tune it higher.

Do you want lower bass? do you want punchier bass? Does it sound bloated, sloppy and uncontrolled? Or is it not outputting any appropriate level of volume? Pinpoint your problems if you want them solved.

Where did you get the box design from again as in who told you to make it that big? Those hds 200s run better on 1.5 to 2.0 cubic feet, its not a monster sub where it needs THAT big of a box. That box is more suited to an hdc3/hdc4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Set LPF to 80hz as that should help tighten it up, although I run AQ subs higher without issue.

I just built a box for 2 HDS300 12's, 4.5 cubes net, tuned to 35Hz and it slams off 200watts per sub. Kid is saving for a bigger amp.

If the box was built to the specs suggested, then I'm guessing it's a matter of getting HU/amp settings dialed in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.