eD nine.5 (100x4 and 600x1)

Type R 12"

2 cubes tuned to 32 hz

boston coax up front

jl coax in back

009.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

I took a piece of mdf and cut it a little bit bigger than the amp. then I countersunk some screw holes and ran some self tappers through into the rib supports of the trunk, rounded the edges over and mounted the amp. Solid as hell and I didnt eve go through the trunk lid:eek:

I like the amp on the top...but not the best for cooling it. They say if the amp is finned like that, that it being up and down horizontally will get the most heat away from it...

Does that affect the amps cooling ability mounting it upside down like that? I always have wondered.
no problems yet.... the real test will be when he drives back to school for 4 hours bumpin. Class a/b section is only at 4 ohms so hopefully its gonna be ok

Idk if I'd trust mounting an amp like that...

Basically its in what is most likely the hottest place in the whole car, as well as where it will have the most possible vibration

I'd be worried if I were you, but who knows

he plans on deadening the trunk lid... I just got everything running and built the box before he had to leave for school. he also cut out the metal blocking trunk acces from the ski hole so it should stay a little cooler in the trunk than normal. Plus the car is only driven in MN and Iowa so it could be worse....

Amp looks nice up there and all, but like others have mentioned, will be the hottest spot with the sun beating on it, plus vibrations, even if it is matted, still will vibrate some.

I would just move it, but not my car. Glad he likes it though, which is all that matters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.