A Little Feedback Needed

billsguy34

Whats up guys? Been all over and cant find any quality advice.Not sure if any1 here will help, but, here goes....Kenwood Double-Din head unit(DPX300U), Infinity Kappa mids, and, highs.All Knu Konceptz 0 gauge wiring.(amp run, and, big 3)Amp wire fused at 200a.Crescendo BC 2000d amp running 1 15 inch DC Level 3 dvc 1 ohm sub,1100 watts at 2 ohm.3.0 cft slot ported box built to spec.Had all amp settings set, along with head units, and, sub only sounded like it was putting out 500 watts.All equipment is solid.Cant figure it out.So, if theres anyone out here who can tell me what to set head unit and amp settings to, or, has any clue why im not getting 1000 watts,tell me.lol.thanks

i think you might have to ditch the knu konceptz wiring because it's not oxygen free or something like that I'm sure someone will say. but i dont know if that is the cause of not getting 1000 watts

i think you might have to ditch the knu konceptz wiring because it's not oxygen free or something like that I'm sure someone will say. but i dont know if that is the cause of not getting 1000 watts
how do you know if he has ofc or cca wire knu sells both?

how did u set your gains?

There's nothing wrong with Knu Konceptz wire. You just need to know what you need and go from there. Knu sells CCA and OFC wire.

To OP: How do you know the subs only getting 500 watts? You can't hear 500 watts lol. Assuming you mean it's not as loud as it should be, start from the source and work your way back. (HU > Amp > Sub) Play your system, watch your voltage. If everythings good then start with the headunit. Play a 40hz tone at max unclipped volume on your HU. Make sure amp gains are set correctly. (I recommend a DSO Nano, but a dmm may do just fine since we know Crescendo makes good amps). If the gains are correct, and all other amp settings are correct (Sub sonic filter too high? Low pass too low?) then it may just be your box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.