A Few Pics of My BMW system

Hello Everyone, This is my 1st post on this Forum so I wanted to post some pic's of my System I built. I wanted to Keep somewhat of a Factory look in the front so I went with a Head Unit from a company called Eonon, A friend of Mine showed me his HU made by this company and It is a Great HU, For the Front Stage and rear stages I went with Focal and JL Evolution, Under the Seats I wanted a Good Mid Bass so I went with a set Of Kicker SSMB8's that I found Brand New, for the Subs I had (2) 10" JL 10w3's laying around so I figured I would use them until I Upgrade to the newer JL 10w3v3's, as far as amps go, I went with a Soundstream RUB5.800 5 channel and a Soundstream RUB1.400 for the Subs, I also am using a Soundstream BX-22i for the Bass Processing. Alot of People Knock Soundstream But I never had issues with them and the System sounds Fantastic. I also built in the Subwoofer remote where the ash try used to be to control the subs

So, here are som Pic's of the System, Let me know what you guys think.

HU:

Focals:

Subwoofer Enclosure Build and Amps: (Sub Box has 2 chambers both chambers are .9CF a piece)

Soundstream is actually very good. Especially the rubicons. They have made some lower quality stuff which has turned away a lot of people from their entire product line.

Question though is how do you have it wired? I see you have the front comps and rear and then your center channel? But you have a 5 channel. And I'm guessing the fifth channel is going to the kickers? It seems like having that 4" MB quart in the center would cause a lot of staging issues especially if it is under powered compared to the rest of the speakers. Also those focals can handle more power than the 70 watts on each channel that your amp does. Bridge the channels to them and you'll get a much better more dynamic sound. You always want to have extra power on hand as most of the time speakers are only receiving 15-20% of the power the amp says it does due to tr natural highs and lows of music

The wiring is as follows: on the 5 channel I have the focals and the rears as well as the under the seat mid bass, the mid bass is set to around 350hz and give a nice punch as well, as far as the center channel, I just wired it up to the the factory hifi amp witch I am going to switch out to a old soundstream d60 that I am putting in within the next few weeks, it's nice and small and it will fit into the factory location. You are 110% correct about the focals sounding better with more power, I just ordered 2 rear door panels that have the speaker locations and I am planning on adding another set of focals and running them @ 2ohms

I might buy the focal 3 way crossovers and hook the 8" up to that and use the 5th channel on the amp for the center channel, not 100% sure yet, pretty happy with how it sounds right now

What car is this?

What did you do with the OEM HU? Did you lose the computer functions like MPG and trip and shit? How about BT and steering wheel controls?

I want to replace the OEM unit, but I'm still under warranty and I keep hearing that I need the factory deck for any software stuff.

@Taylorfade, I wanted to keep the factory look so I did some searching around, I found a company that makes these head unit specifically for BMW's, it is basically a plug and play, I was a little worried when I 1st ordered it, I was worried it was just going to be some cheap piece of crap, then I got it, it has all the bells and whistles. It has functions so you can still use the factory steering controls, it also has functions so you can use your seat warmers. This unit has low level outputs and outputs for your subwoofers as well. You can also add onto it and hook a monitors up to it, back up cameras etc. if you need info and would like to know where I got it from shoot me a message

Thanks staynlean, I am wanting to put 6.5's in the doors but I am still trying to come up with ideas for that, I am also going to do something with the rear deck and customize it

Updates, my wife got me my new Fi subs for Christmas, just got done putting them in, turned the gains down a bit till they get broken in. Man these thing sound incredible!

I also added a BMW symbol to touch it up. Here they are installed.

Enclosure also has a suede covering.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.