a bit of a clearence issue.

m4i2k2e2
10+ year member

this is my chin bank
ma
i put 5 1/4" speakers in my door and it pops out my door panel. i think it making it so the pins dont hold anymore. i was wondering maybe if i can heat that part of the panel up and, push it out. has anyone had a problem like this?

on my door panel i have pins that have fins on them that hold the panle on. now my problem is that my speaker are pushing that panel out way to much. now i was wondering if i took the panel and applied some heat and heated up the area were its pushing out and put pressure on it to see if i can gain clearence. you know if you put heat on plastic it will bend. what the hell should i do?

maybe cut a hole in the door panel that allows the speaker grill extend out beyond the door panel, if you do it right it will still look pretty stock if the grill is plain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.