99 Civic EX with 18" BTL on 3000watts

How the ****? I had a hard time stuffing a 3.5cu box in my Maxima trunk.. What size is that box net?
When I put it in im taking out the passenger seat so I can get it into the back, then from there I pull down the rear seats and I can stuff it in there. If I remember right net includes all displacements. Its approx 6.25cubes without sub displacement and I dont remember subs displacement.

you one of those jl wall fegs?
box looks good man. i would sand that port opening if this was my box though
Yea when we cut out the port it was a tad uneven on the corners so yea i'll steal some sandpaper from my friend before it goes in to even it out.

just to let you know i have a 2002 accord and did 4 tens firing up and port into the cabin and lost a lot of output //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif tunred the port around and gained some...just to let you know. i hope yours works out alot better then mine
Yea worst comes to worst I can try flipping the box around, its just that the port will be pretty **** close to the edge of the trunk so iuno.

redo you tint PLEASE! Purple(blue) tint is terrible.
Yea I know this was my sisters car before and she got some cheapo tint that wears after a while. The rear window is completely fogged over (i took the tint off myself and the glue that fogs it up stayed on there...) and the two side rear windows have a few lines in them. Tint will be changed when I have more money

Just to save you some time, you're going to want to buy a good $150-200 worth of sound deadening. I had the exact same car with 3 different installs and that thing rattles like a tin can. The rattles will drown out the bass fyi
Yea it does rattle like a tin can already I can already tell itll be a rattlebox. Question though. Would it help if I just ran some rubber lining along the trunk lid?

Found the thread.. Here is how a guy on SMD fit a 7 cube box in his Civic for his BTL 18.. Was a pretty good idea for such a small space. If you you dont like the output with the sub firing up this might be a solution to try and see what happens..
Dam that aint a bad design. See I wanted to do something like that before but I never knew how to make it and I didn't know how to make use of the spare tire well. Do you know the dimensions and box plans for it? If this box ended up not working I may be willing to try for something like that. I really wanna cross my fingers though and hope this works out how I want the first time...

Use the spare tire well as part of the box, so you can fire the sub forward. You can put the port on either side firing forward too. I had a 95 civic with an mt18 like that and it was real loud to me on a directed 2400d.

man makes me wanna do a box like that and get a 18 tooooo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Use the spare tire well as part of the box, so you can fire the sub forward. You can put the port on either side firing forward too. I had a 95 civic with an mt18 like that and it was real loud to me on a directed 2400d.
Interesting. I just need a the box design like that. If I could get the exact design that the guy on SMD had then thatd be perfect cause then i'd know what dimensions would fit, how far to go down the wheel well, etc. Im still definitely gonna try out my box and see how I like it. If it's not what I want then yea I want to know plans. mazdakid did you also put sound deadening in?

I didnt put sound deadening in. I just stuffed blankets around the box to seal it a little better and to stop the rear deck from rattling. The trunk barely rattled, but after about a day a brace broke in the roof and made a real bad noise.

I didnt put sound deadening in. I just stuffed blankets around the box to seal it a little better and to stop the rear deck from rattling. The trunk barely rattled, but after about a day a brace broke in the roof and made a real bad noise.
what LOL...wish i was loud enough to brake stuff....

One thing you can do for a cheap fix is loosen the 2 bolts that hold the trunk lock in place, slide it down 1/4" and tighten them back up. It will help to keep your trunk closed up tighter. If you decide to deaden, there is a place in the bottom left corner of the trunk, it's some sort of opening to let air circulate in and out of the trunk. You're going to want to cover that up or it will be one of the most irritating rattles in the car. If you go with the sub facing up, you're probably going to NEED the dampening mat for the rear deck because that thing will rattle and possibly make you want to tear out the whole system... I know I did

One thing you can do for a cheap fix is loosen the 2 bolts that hold the trunk lock in place, slide it down 1/4" and tighten them back up. It will help to keep your trunk closed up tighter. If you decide to deaden, there is a place in the bottom left corner of the trunk, it's some sort of opening to let air circulate in and out of the trunk. You're going to want to cover that up or it will be one of the most irritating rattles in the car. If you go with the sub facing up, you're probably going to NEED the dampening mat for the rear deck because that thing will rattle and possibly make you want to tear out the whole system... I know I did
Yea I think I know what opening your talking about. Dam guess I gotta look into buying some deadener now. Cheap but works.

Yea the plan as of now though is that the spare tire well is where the second battery (eventually) will go. Gona try out this box first though like is said

**UPDATE**

BATTERY ARRIVED! My friend has a voltmeter so i'll check it tmrw

what LOL...wish i was loud enough to brake stuff....
its a tin can honda ... isnt hard to break stuff.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif jk op, lets see some more pics.

its a tin can honda ... isnt hard to break stuff.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif jk op, lets see some more pics.
Lolol hey it IS a tin can practically :p i'll have pic of the battery up tomorrow/today since its past midnight. Time for bed

hey man if ya need any ideas look at my build log. im doing an 18 in a small trunk and i put the battery in the spare well. hit me up man. good to see another trunk car with some balls in it (bigger than a 15" sub) lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.