9887 time correction confusion...

i found that adjusting my time alignment was fairly easy to do just by listening to music. am i crazy for thinking i accomplished a proper setting this way?

Yea with the time alignment you can't advance a speaker but you can delay the other speakers. So seeing as the farthest speaker away has the greatest distance to travel you have to "delay" all the other speakers in relation to that farthest speaker so that all the sound from the other speakers arrive at your ear at the same time. With that formula for L all you are doing is taking the distance from your ear to each speaker in relation to the furthest speaker.

Sounds like you are moving in the right direction, you will just have to make the measurements and then get the difference in distance between each speaker and your farthest away speaker.

Ah ok so that's what I thought. When I tried to set the distance between me and all the speakers to be adjusted the image was going everywhere. Then I found a little paper note in the 9887 manuals which states that particular L formula. After adjusting by math, then by ear. Adjusting be ear is actually a good way. That's how I do my gains. But after the adjustments, the image sounded right.

Nice glad to hear its working out good for ya. I'm currently mulling over the idea of swapping out my W205 for a carPC and a 9887. So hopefully I'll get to fiddle with all these features in the future, either that or just pick up a H701 and move on

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.