DEH-P7900BT PhoneBook Dialer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonV

I just installed a Pioneer DEH-P7900BT. Everything works great so far except one thing. The manual says I can dial entries in my phonebook by positioning on the entry, selecting the proper phone number within the entry then pressing the multi-control knob to start dialing. Pressing the knob just does nothing. I've read and reread, tried and retried and I cannot dial a number in my phonebook.

Can anyone help?

I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they really didn't have the answer either however in talking to them I thought of something to check and it did turn out to be the answer.

I populated the phonebook entries by BT beaming the contact from my Treo. Upon closer inspection, I saw that the number transferred was in the form ' 555 555 1212'. I manually edited the number to '15555551212' and, boom, it worked. The spaces caused the dialer to just ignore me! I don't think it even needed the 1.

From my experience, the blootooth is very finicky depending on the phone you have. Like I said, I can only transfer one number at a time, so I only did the important ones. Even that took a long time. You have to go to the phonebook transfer option, then hit send contact on your phone, then tell the HU to look for a contact. The phone has to find the HU before sending the contact, and if your HU is looking for a contact before sending it from the phone, the phone will not be able to detect the HU. Make sense?? I know it sounds stupid but thats how I have to do it....It's a total pain in the ass, but once it's done it's done.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JonV

JonV
Chicago, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
traxtar944