9851 issue

PepsiFiend69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
i seem to be having some issues with my alpine 9851. The sub output is no where near what it was before i switched head units, its sounds like the subs are only getting like 100 watts a piece. when i turn it up, to get semi decent output, my midbass distorts so bad that it sounds like the subs are distorting. i have my bass set at 3, and my sub at 15, if i put the bass any higher the mid's distort and it sounds like crap. the gain on my amp i'd say is at about 95% so i can't turn that up..i just want my subs to be loud like they used to be..any suggestions? system is in my sig

Is your sub outbput "On" in the HU settings? I am trying to eliminate the obvious possibilities here...

I just sold this model HU...dont remember exactly all the options in the menu fields...

and the preout voltage is that same as it was for my other HU. so that's not the problem, i have heard that there has been issues with the sub output of the newer alpine models, but others have said that it wasn't that bad.

i didnt hear anything like that i heard that about every pioneer made but not alpine... but i only have 1 question why in gods name were gains on a directed 1100d at 95%! id be taken out subs to check coils by now...

alright... maybe i was running the gain too high //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif but it still just sounds like theres not enough power getting to them, and my lights dont dim like they used to (not that that's a good thing) but it certainly means they're not drawing as much power as they used to.

heh, I have this headunit, and by default the subwoofer output is set very low, you have to set it to the max which i think is 15. just press the but knob like 3 times to get to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.