'98 Range Rover Build

Participant count
  • Participant list
So, a bit of an update on this. I ended up deciding to ditch the entire factory system, and go all aftermarket.

I got rid of the Alpine as well, it didn't blend well, didn't have the pre outs I needed, and no HD Radio.

I have a Kenwood deck now.

On- matched the dashes green as well.

Rear USB taken into the center console (sorry about it being so dirty, that **** flocking crap is so hard to clean)

How my trunk looks-

The guts of the system-

I'm gonna swap the D3 for a D5 eventually, but I just had to drop a brand new engine in it, so that won't be happening for a while. I'm always swapping out my speakers, I currently have two matching sets of Diamond D661i's in the front and the back, but I'm gonna pull the front ones for a set of components soon.

My sub is a Diamond HP12. It outperforms every other sub I've heard. I absolutely love it. I have it running on 4ohms.

nice work man, how are those amps mounted? do they get hot?
The D5 1200.1 is screwed on, the D3 400.4 is zip tied... I built a really nice board that mounted to the floor, but I couldn't get the cover to go on with it in place. And screws wouldn't work, so I did zip ties. Lol. I've never had a problem with them getting hot. If you've ever seen these amps in person, you'll know that their heatsinks are huge.

Not bad for being a highschooler eh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.