98 Camaro with Monsoon. Help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

bug splat
10+ year member

CA
Its been a long time since but years ago I pulled out the Monsoon HU, 6.5 subs, and disconnected the far rear speakers by the hatch. I add an Eclipse HU, and put 6.5 Eclipse speaker in place where the stock subs were. I re-ran the wiring from the far rear speaker to power the new 6.5 speakers in the back seat. The stock front speakers sounded ok so I left them in. I also add an amp and subs but thats not part of what I needed help in so on to my question.....

I bought some new 3-way Pioneer speaker to replace the fronts. I had seen that the speaker had two inputs during my first upgrade but never gave it a second thought until now. So I tested both lines with the new speakers and found that they split the high and mid sound freq levels. Needless to say this will not due and did not sound good. I hooked up the speakers anyway to the lower freq and put everything back together to see how it sounds all buttoned up. Well, it sounds like a CRAP. From what I have read the far rear speakers are run right from the HU and do now pass through the amp is this correct? If so that may be why my Eclipse speakers have sounded so nice all these years. So I have two options:

1. Run new wires from the HU right to the door speakers bypassing the amp

2. Remove the Monsoon amp and wire together the input and outputs lines

What should I do? Anyone have a wiring diagram for a monsoon system?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.