'94 Civic Install

Mike437
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Just installed the sub yesterday. I am very pleased with the sound quality and the spl of the woofer. My first setup was 2 12" type r's and this one RE SX12 hits harder and cleaner than those. Re audio makes some quality products.

The install consisted of:

1 Re Audio SX 12 D2

Custom Box 2.0 cu. ft tuned to 32 hertz

Cadence TXA-1000D Amp

Wired the sub to a 1 ohm load so the sub gets its recommended wattage, 1k watts

Yellow Top Optima D51R to replace stock battery, surprisingly i have very little voltage drop and no light diming! I thought for sure i'd have to buy a kinetik HC600.

Now on to the pictures. Let me know what you think!

img1307rz9.jpg

img1305js9.jpg

img1308ee7.jpg

Just installed the sub yesterday. I am very pleased with the sound quality and the spl of the woofer. My first setup was 2 12" type r's and this one RE SX12 hits harder and cleaner than those. Re audio makes some quality products.
The install consisted of:

1 Re Audio SX 12 D2

Custom Box 2.0 cu. ft tuned to 32 hertz

Cadence TXA-1000D Amp

Wired the sub to a 1 ohm load so the sub gets its recommended wattage, 1k watts

Yellow Top Optima D51R to replace stock battery, surprisingly i have very little voltage drop and no light diming! I thought for sure i'd have to buy a kinetik HC600.

Now on to the pictures. Let me know what you think!

img1307rz9.jpg

img1305jb5.jpg

img1308ee7.jpg

Nice looking box. I was seriously considering getting one of those RE subs too. Do you plan on doing the big 3 as well?

Thanks everyone for their comments. I am only 17 and work at best buy so money was defiantly an issue with this setup. I have no plans on doing the big 3 since i don't want to waste the money on the wire when it's not needed. I am very very surprised i have no light dimming. Tonight I even turned my head unit to 75% volume where i tuned the amp at and still no dimming.

To answer the other question all i have done to my car as it says in my sig is a pos kenwood h/u that came with the car when i bought it. Plan to upgrade to a pioneer premier deh-p600ub later on. Speaker wise up front i have infinity references 5 1/4's and infinity references 6 1/2's for the rear. Only because i get them for $35 a pair with discount. Will eventually buy infinity kappa perfects 5 1/4 components for the front, and kappa co-axials for the rear amped with some 4 channel amp.

But for now this works. It slams hard but still sounds awesome on the inside. outside i've got a lot of rattling so i am going to be purchasing a dynamat extreme trunk kit next pay day to help that a little bit.

I'll also post my db reading when i get metered two weeks from now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.