Civic 2015 LX Upgradé

Participant count
  • Participant list

Godarkhaos

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Hello there!
I'm gonna own a Civic LX pretty soon ( the one with the touchscreen ), and I'm wondering about a few things ...

In my current setup I have 2 PIONEER TSSWX2502 10" subs, powered by a Rockford Fosgate P1000X2 @ 4 ohms ... Will that be too hard on the alternator? I've cranked up the input level quite a lot, too. I've had it in 2 past cars before, the first being a 2002 civic, and it may have damaged the electrical system ... In my 2004 CRV I added a Kinetic 750 cca battery in the trunk to prevent the lights from dimming, but I think the alternator struggled still, since not too long after the install, some LEDs lights died in my dashboard, but everything else worked fine ... Right now the alternator is pretty worned out though ... So do I need a more powerful alternator for the 2015 Civic? I wouldn't wanna damage it, but it may have been a coincidence too with my other cars since they were old, maybe ...

Also, I'm looking for a replacement Head unit for it, one that would work with the backup camera and side camera ( blinker). Would a KENWOOD DDX9707S be good? And would I need the Maestro thing for it? It's a bit pricey though so if you guys know something better i'm all ears 😅

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a bit noob with the new stuff ... I would greatly appreciate any help! 🙏

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...