94 Camaro Z-28

Participant count
  • Participant list

shawn_oneel
10+ year member

SPL Maniac
I started my new build today with my 94 camaro and I noticed that its going to be harder than I thought. If you have ever seen the backseat of a 4th genereation camaro you will notice that there is a giant hump in between the backseats and the trunk. My question is if I need a bigger box would it be a decent idea to extend the box over that hump? If I do I will need to make the back of the box about 1/2 the height of the rest of the box. So it will be irrgular looking.

----------------

l

-----

l

-----------

If that helps out at all....this will be what the box will look like from the side.

Im droppin a 21" DP in the box so I will need a big box that ported.

Yes, build a panel over every surface, including over the hump. If you're stuffing a 21'' in that tiny of a car, you'll need as much airspace as possible. But may I ask why you want to put a sub that huge in a Camaro?

Honestly I like the challenge...its something most people wouldn't even try. Im just concerned about the port. I planned on slot-porting it but Im sure how well that will work with the shape.

Honestly I like the challenge...its something most people wouldn't even try. Im just concerned about the port. I planned on slot-porting it but Im sure how well that will work with the shape.
Aeroports. Big ones. And do you know how much airspace you have to work with so far? Usually subs that big need a HUGE f'in box.

I will have right at 8.2 cubes...Im not very fimiliar with aeroports so that kinda concernes me. This car is my daily driver and I dont really have time to order aeroports then wait a week for them to come in.

i did a camaro not too long with two RE SX 15'' in a wall, we got 9.5 cubes by using every inch of space we could, the box needs to very very closely follow the contours of the floor to do it,

to get that kind of space we had to use steel for internal bracing, and a triple thick baffle board to help reduce flex.

We also used lots of resin and fiberglass cloth to seal it and hold it all together.

Sorry no pics i never really care to take them because everyone says how much better they can do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.