93' Lexus LS400 and alternator noise? & strange wire setup in lexus for factory mute

Participant count
  • Participant list
I believe I might have traced back the reasoning for the strange audio that I am getting from my pioneer 9800bt and zeus hifonics 5K +1. First let me explain my situation, I have extremely bad alternator whine(did big three upgrade - made it worse). Am going to move my ground from current location and find the factory ground. The whine really isn't my biggest concern but if anyone has any experience running wires in an old lexus, let me know. I think my fuel pump might actually be the culprit so on to my real problem. I would like a good matching set of speakers for my amp. I have component speakers in the front and then I have 3 way speakers in the rear. I noticed that all my bass notes were either clipping or not being played (sounds like a baffle over the bass notes, or muddy like). However when I plug in my sub channel wires(RCA) into the amp(which is still set in 5 channel mode)I get bass range. I have visonik in the rear and I forget the front ones. Anyone know of a way to test where I'm clipping at and how to stop it, either from the amp or the head unit? If this is not possible then what is a good set of speakers that are well matched for that amp and HU?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.