91 toyota mr2, working on new setup, limited space.

Participant count
  • Participant list

bobtherider123
10+ year member

chicago
im not looking for a ton of bass just decent and clean bass to fill in where the 6 1/2" kicker 2 ways in the door are lacking.

here is my system specs as it sits now.

alpine cde-hd137bt Head unit

kicker ds65 6.5" in the door

Infinity Reference 3022cf 3.5-Inch Two-Way behind the seats in stock location

infinity reference tweeters, unsure of model in the stock tweeter location.

now i have a kenwoodkac-1502s amp thats specs are as follows:

60wattsRMS x2ch at 4 ohms 80dba

75wattsRMS x2ch at 2ohms

150wattsRMS x1 ch at bridged 4 ohms

low pass filter 80hz -18db/oct

my main reason for picking this amp is that it fits in the rear glove box behind the passenger seat flat on the bottom for a nice clean fit and doesn't even take up enough space to stop me from using the glove box.

so now im looking for a decent 8" sub because i have a ported box laying around for an 8"

so far i'm liking this but think it might be to big power wise for the amp.

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 8-Inch 1,000-Watt High-Performance Subwoofer (Single Voice Coil): Car Electronics

or this which has a closer range wattage to the amp i will be using.

Amazon.com: JBL GTO804 Reduced Depth 8-Inch Subwoofer: Car Electronics

or

Punch P1 Series

i've always been a little iffy with new rockford fosgate though.

im open to suggestions and im trying to stay right around or under $60 and i wont use cheap brands like boss, pyle, or legacy. also i would prefer to not have to get a different box. so the sub needs to be designed for ported enclosures.

thank you for any help in advance.

i looked at reviews on the amp and everyone says it seems like its under rated. my friend has 2 mr2's just like me and has the same amp in each of his and is running 1 of these in each of his Infinity Reference 1062w 10-Inch 1100-watt High-Performance Subwoofer (Dual Voice Coil)--Computers & Electronics-Electronics Accessories-Portable Audio Devices

his actually hit hard enough to rattle the mirrors and shake tools off the roof of the car that i forgot were up there >.> im not looking for it to hit that hard but i am looking for about half of that. enough to feel some bass and fill where the small door and rear speakers have no bass.

Last night I read on here about reconing a woofer and decided to mess with a seized Rockford 8" I had laying around. The magnet had shifted. I realigned it and it works. Sounds like a weak Walmart sub, but it still hits again and sounds ok, kinda cool. I never knew u could fix a seized sub that easy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.