'90 Silverado 1500

Participant count
  • Participant list

kyle3194
10+ year member

Kansas
This is my very first install I did... It was on my buddy's 1990 Silverado... Kinda took some work (no wiring harness) but we got it figured out all in one night, the biggest pain was moving the radio wires from the original radio to the new HU that we put in where the tape deck is.

I put the vid on youtube because there really wasn't any other help on there...

Everyone starts somewhere.Why didn't you get a kit and put it where the factory double did was at?
Well, that actually isnt a double din slot... the stock radio is about 2-3 inches less wide than an aftermarket HU. There is a kit out there that cleans it up where the tape deck is. We didnt know about it until after we installed it, but he went out later and bought it.

My first install was in a Corsica that had a few wires clipped, wired my Aftermarket HU into the Stock wiring for it....only took like 2 hrs. Including figuring out which wire was which. After that took another hour or so to put the HU in due to the fact I got the wrong dash kit.. lol fail@me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.