8's in the door's what you think

and colt your right iam on a tight budget but my alpine type s 6.5s aren't just cutting it. so time for an upgrade so guy's help me out should i go with the dayton 6 1/2 run em off the hu or should i look into something else not lookn for comps just speakers 2 run off the hu.

well my assumptions were that he is looking at daytons a great driver but a very affordable driver and that leads me to think he is on a budget.

If I am wrong im sorry Ill just stay outta this thread then.

and colt your right iam on a tight budget but my alpine type s 6.5s aren't just cutting it. so time for an upgrade so guy's help me out should i go with the dayton 6 1/2 run em off the hu or should i look into something else not lookn for comps just speakers 2 run off the hu.
well first off your powering them off a headunit,

thats the problem, amp 'em up and you will most likely be satisified with them...

my kicker ks6's were fine for me until i blew one, only reason i decided to go d.i.y. comp's (plus it was a deal i couldent turn down)

which do you think would sound best colt here's my setup so far

a pioneer deh-4800mp hu , premier 6x9s revs in the rear deck , 2 12 inch pioneer DVC subs in a a enclosure tuned at 35hz with a sound storm 7band eq in the dash. idk if any of that matter's but thought might help.

Personally comps would be best off an amp, I understand that not in your means right now (been there done that)

I would think coaxials run off the hu would give you the better sound than a 6.5 woofer run off the hu.

Maybe a set of pioneer 6.5 revs coaxs?

Im not sure of what freqs you can get those to play but im sure its not as wide a range as a coax.......I could be wrong tho.

so your sayn don't go with the dayton 6 1/2 speakers for the doors?

My understanding is that a woofer wont play above a certin frequency and seeing as you dont have tweets up front you would likely need the high end that a coax can provide.

maybe save for a bit longer and pick up a used 2 channel amp and a set of 6.5 or even 5.25 comps.

Just remember that your frontstage is very important in the whole scheme of things

Ok, what crossover would you use for the Dayton's... or for that matter ANY speaker you're looking at getting?

Are these replacing you typeS components? What tweeter will you use.

The TypeS components don't sound that bad... amp them.

nG

Alright guy's i think im just gonna put $20 or $10 or $5 w/e i can do away and just keep saving up for a decent amp with a good pair of 6.5's and not rush like some people do on here thanks for all your help though guys:D. any other suggestions though just be sure to put up here im always open to listen to people's other suggestions and comments especially in car audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.