89 Maxima wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cornholio7979

I am trying to re-install my friends non-factory cd player by Kenwood. The problem is that another friend who is MIA originally installed it. He also didn't know what he was doing. For a couple months, my friend has been driving around with no sound, but power in his car stereo. I took the dash apart, and found that only two wires were plugged in, both power wires. The rest of the wires were hanging around. I can't find a suitable diagram that would tell me which wires from the car go to the speakers and power wires etc. Although I do know what the wires from the CD player go to but cannot match the two sets of wires up. Could someone please give me a diagram of the wires, or point me to a place or person that would know.

Best bet would to be to call up a dealership and ask them. They have complete schematics of all the wiring and might even be willing to help you out if you go over there. All it will cost you is the price of a phone call, either that or go online and look up OEM wire codes and pray they are right.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

if you just try trial and error and blow a couple of fuses, you might figure it out. Thats how me and my dad did it. If not, you can go to any local hardware store and order a manual for DIY repairs for that specific car. It'll only run you about 10-15 bucks. Hope it helps. Let me know how it goes. Matt.

Well.....you already have found all of the power wires apparently so all the would be left would be the speaker wires. If you take a AA battery or so and put a lead on each set of wires that are left (typically they will be grouped in one way or another) You should be able to create a small humm from the speakers. You can use this battery test to find each of the sets of wires for each location speaker and go from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.