8" + 6.5" in GM 99-06 fullsize

Participant count
  • Participant list
would you mind clarifying which pods you used, 6.5 + 8? or dual 6.5. I dont think i'd have the issues you're talking about with 2 of the same driver ran in parallel or series so theyd be getting the same bpf
it was probably a while ago, but do you have pictures?

6.5 + 8 in each door. I dont have pics.

I had a set of 6.5 components in the kicks, a set of 6.5" components in the doors, and using those pods I had an 8" midbass at the bottom.

I dont have pics. The pods were custom from another truck, but the same. I had to actually cut the area behind the pod to fit them all.

After about 3 weeks, I sold the pods and components WITH my door panels. And got the stock panels from the guy i sold mine to.

After that I went with 1 set in kicks, 1 set in doors in factory location and left it alone after deadened. Was perfect after deadened. I have pics

of THAT, but not with my pods.

I've even thought of getting the dual 6.5" pods for my current silverado, but dont think I want to. My VFL65MBs seem to LOVE my doors. LMAO.

good to hear, i really need to get my doors deadened. honestly, for $130 to get dual 6.5s in each door (even cheaper than my q logic kicks - even though i got a deal) its still a good option.

I have to say im very happy with it as it stands. surprising amount of midbass from the kicks lol. but for $150 to get another set of speakers and then just wire them in series it'd be under 300 to add an extra 2 speakers and get some extra output - probably not a lot but the extra midbass is important.

bump for pics of the dual 6.5 speaker pods installed.

anyone know if they'll fit a 6.7 inch speaker?

I dont plan on it, they add a surprising amount of midbass. I'll probably upgrade the speakers in them but I won't sell them.

You looking to get some?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wew lad

5,000+ posts
wew lad inc
wew lad
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date