8 or 10" aero help

Participant count
  • Participant list

twisztdauthorit
10+ year member

-db-
ok so im going a diff approach for future box. instead of using 3x 5" aeros... i wanna use just one big one =)

This will be for an 18" mt in a box lets say around 8 cubes?

Whats better an 8" or 10" aero?

8" =4x4x3.14=50.24 in^2

10" =5x5x3.14=78.5 in^2

(14in-16in)*8 = 112-128 in^2 [going by 14-16 in^2 per foot^3]

and correct me if im wrong but ive read that 1 aero is almost equal to a square port that is 2x the surface area(in^2)

So in essence I can go with an 8" aero and keep it to a good tight size or i can go 10" for the largest recommended size

Ive already started on an 8" aero flare.. If it comes out good ill do another and post some pictures... so far it looks OK

Power will come from an orion2500d

I cut the flare off its mold today and added an extra layer of FG. Still needs about another 4 layers before its real sturdy.

Im slightly dissapointed because i took the flare outside and looked from faraway and it seems to be a slightly "unround" circle. I dont think it will have much of an effect but im still gonna try to get it as even as i can with sanding and bondo..

My Styrofoam mold seemed to dissipate underneath so i will just have to use the flare just made as another mold

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.