8-ohm speaker question

Participant count
  • Participant list

tigey

If I have 8-ohm speakers covering the midrange in a 3-way network - in which the low and high networks use 4-ohm speakers - can I expect to have phasing issues? If the answer is yes, can I avoid this problem if I were to parallel-wire another set of 8-ohm speakers to the first two 8-ohm speakers (to achieve a 4-ohm set up)? And if I do parallel-wire the 8-ohm speakers (to achieve a 4-ohm set up) will a bass blocker between the 8-ohm mids cut off bass at the frequency for which they were designed? (It seems that I read that crossover points on passive crossovers can be changed unintentionally - and undesirably - by a change in a speaker's impedance.) Last, would the crossover points of my hu's 3-way active system be affected by either (1) parallel-wiring 8-ohm speakers, or running 8-ohm speakers in a system where the low- and high ranges use 4-ohm speakers.

Last, if you see any other potential challenges or problems, thanks in advance for the advice.

Thanks for your patience with a beginner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.