8 ohm midbass

Participant count
  • Participants list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
Really liking how this woofer specs out as a midbass, but the coil is 8 ohms. Will be crossing it over from 80 to 3500 hz in an active system, in door pods that are around .125 cubes. Ive never ran 8 ohms anything in my vehicle, so the amplifier I have will not provide the power I need at that ohm rating. On paper, it’s exactly what I want ( I realize real world isn’t always the same as my graphs tell me). Sometimes I will have to pull the sub out of my Jeep to make room for large loads I carry often, and they seem to be able to be crossed over a little lower then my normal 80hz when I do this. I can get an over sized amplifier to get my wattage, but wanted to run it by some of you who may have some better ideas to give me before I decide to do this.

Right. That was my second choice. when I’m running it through software, it doesn’t seem to graph out quite as well as the 8 ohm version In .125 cubes when I pull the subwoofer and try to extend it into the lower range. I’m probably over thinking it.

What are they crossed over at? I’m almost 100% sure that I will be running the same ones

I'm not sure. The Taramps DS800X4 doesn't have frequency points. So, you like the VFL's?
20200112_193816.jpg
20200112_194355.jpg

Really liking how this woofer specs out as a midbass, but the coil is 8 ohms. Will be crossing it over from 80 to 3500 hz in an active system, in door pods that are around .125 cubes. Ive never ran 8 ohms anything in my vehicle, so the amplifier I have will not provide the power I need at that ohm rating. On paper, it’s exactly what I want ( I realize real world isn’t always the same as my graphs tell me). Sometimes I will have to pull the sub out of my Jeep to make room for large loads I carry often, and they seem to be able to be crossed over a little lower then my normal 80hz when I do this. I can get an over sized amplifier to get my wattage, but wanted to run it by some of you who may have some better ideas to give me before I decide to do this.
if you want loud, i'd highly recommend staying away from this driver. Its only loud enough to be a pair of desktop speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.