8 12"s VS Grand Am

What it comes down to. Listen to suggestions and be open minded.

Continue with your build, and prove us wrong.

It's not the 100% best way to do it, nor is it "our" way of doing it, but as long as it does it's job and holds up to your standards, go for it. Just keep us updated.

what i did was block off all of the area to be used, then i filled the whole area with packing peanuts, to get my volume i just removed the packing peanuts and counted how many cubic feet i used. its not an exact form of volume measure.... but close enough

i wish i had an suv.....then i could have avoided this penis measuring party.....but i have a car....and have to squeeze out every cubic inch i can... would have bee better if it was a 4 door even.....but nope...its a coupe

actually dura glass is a filler yes but it is also used as high traffic area i built fiberglass carnival ride body and thats what is used around the metal areas to prevent the fiberglass from crackin away from the metal

I'm not going to say it couldnt work. Hell if you can build a whole huge enclosure from fiberglass, why couldnt you make a few corners with it...? But in this case, I dont think it was needed. It looks like you were just cutting corners and not thinking this through.. The worst that can happen is that you'll have to redo it all so if you're confident with it..go right ahead sir. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Let us know how it turns out.

you've got more balls than me... any idea of what subs or amp(s) you're going to use?

8 12"s will tear that car apart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the subs are hifonics hfid412's they were sponsored

the amps are ultra linear ul1602's they were also sponsored

so its a pretty cheap setup....but 6 of them hit a 147.5 legal on the tl in a sealed box in my trunk (no rear seat) so it will be reasonably loud

Oh, I remember, you were the kid the fit those subs in the trunk and put his box in through the inside of the cabin correct?

Yeah, this is coming alon much better........lol!

Honestly, if I could find my wall pictures, I would post them, but I believe I lost them when I had to reformat my computer.

I'd make some cardboard templates of MDF pieces that should be used in the corners.
x2, you got some good ideas but you setting yourself up for a lot of headaches and money and time lost when you try to put this together.

Filter throught the bs in this thread, (even though is funny, i been lol at the computer) and take the good advice given to you.

Good luck man.

yea, my wall was a bad idea....lol im going semi-wall i will ahve updates tomorrow (should be rough, but close to done, all i need to do is cut my baffles and some supports

is it ok to only glue in supports? or do i need to screw them too?

i thank all of you who actually had some helpful insight!

I have always screwed mine in, but I am sure others have just glued them in. Your box is going to flex, so maybe some other people could help with that. Mine was screwed in for my 2 kove Armagedon U-2 subs, bracing out the ass and a long ass port. Can't remember specifics as I had a lot of help with that wall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GohillaAudio
springfield, mo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
cheeto
1000008028.jpg