6x9 or 6.5 for rear fill?

Just use something cheap. Rear speaker does not need to be as high end as the front. The front speaker is the most important for sound quality. Some people use rears only for some ambiance sound or not at all.

Just use something cheap. Rear speaker does not need to be as high end as the front. The front speaker is the most important for sound quality. Some people use rears only for some ambiance sound or not at all.
Its a van..people in the rear seating area should retrieve good sound as well, not cheapies.If it were a coupe/single cab truck i could understand..Id go for at least 50-75rms 6.5 components,and add a single ported 10 in that van,with the components up front you want/stated,and will sound excellent.Just be sure to not over power the rears from the front stage, and it will sound graet,my 0.02 cents/experience

Should I amp both the front and the rear speakers, or just they front?
Both! Amp all speakers,get some power,and clarity,and very little distortion by using an amp.Just adjust not to be over killed by rear staging..alot of times 25-50 watts for rear staging is fine, and 60+ up front.But do amp all of the speakers for best SQ/performance

Normal Mode..you can always add the /a sub woofer later.You can use one 4 ch amplifier to run front left and right, and rear left and right.No need for 2 amplifiers, unless you get a good deal on 2/2ch amplifiers..one amp saves space as well,depending on the one chosen

I'm getting a set of JBL GTO608C components for the front doors of my caravan. Should I do 6x9 or 6.5 coaxials for rear panel fill?
buy one of my sets of nice 6.5s or 6x9s for cheaps, id go with 6.5s

How would that compare to the Soundstream Stealth series amps? They're very small.
The US Acoustics would be a better amp,and my perfrence by just looking at the specs alone. ,Never have listened to the Stealth before, but have ran an entire series of USA US Acoustics Series II.Some of the best/loudest/clearest amps Ive ever ran up to date other than Alpine Duo-B old school amps(Some of the best SQ amps ever made in my opinion,and clean at loud volumes as well).My neighbor is very happy with the Alpine Duo-b 3523 That I recently put in his truck,on a pair of 4in, and 1.5 tweets

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.