Are tweeters and crossovers essential?

LankySwag
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NJ
Just picked up a pair of Memphis MSync 6.5 components in the classifieds (kinda got jipped) tweeters and crossovers arent still there.

Is it completely essential to pick up new ones as replacements?

I dont see how you got jipped? I saw the thread you bought them from and it cearly said he doesnt have the crossovers?

But yes they are. You'll need the crossovers for the 6.5's and for the tweeters. Without the tweeters and crossovers, you wont really get a good sound. Also a risk at damaging the equipment without the crossovers. Unless you go active.

If your deck or amp has built in crossovers you can get away with it, unless the HPF on the amp or deck doesnt go high enough for tweeters. If thats the case you can order some HPS from Partsexpress or get a whole crossover for both.

I dont see how you got jipped? I saw the thread you bought them from and it cearly said he doesnt have the crossovers?
But yes they are. You'll need the crossovers for the 6.5's and for the tweeters. Without the tweeters and crossovers, you wont really get a good sound. Also a risk at damaging the equipment without the crossovers. Unless you go active.
He bought them for 80$ on here a month or so prior! All good though. How much would a pair of decent tweeters x crossovers cost?

I worded jipped wrong sorry about that, I'm more mad at myself I could've gotten them for lower!

It's perfectly fine though

That all depends on the quality of the tweeters and crossovers. The better the sound = usually more money. lol
I'd be willing to spend like 30 now

Or 50-60 in a month or so after running the speakers without cross/tweeter

What would be wiser?

I'd be willing to spend like 30 now
Or 50-60 in a month or so after running the speakers without cross/tweeter

What would be wiser?
Anybody?

Everyone bailed on me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

So let me get this right, you bought a set of 6.5" mids? A component set without crossovers or tweeters is just midrange woofers. These aren't going to get you anywhere close to a full sound since they probably won't play much above 5-6 kHz. You're going to notice a lot of sound missing if you use these speakers on their own without the rest of the set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.