6x9 not receiving power

Participant count
  • Participant list

gelhajji

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler, I am trying to add two Kenwood 6x9 speakers in boxes to the current 4 speaker set up, I am wiring the 6x9s to a crunch 1000 watt 2 channel am. my problem is that the speakers are not playing, the amp is getting power and it turns off with the car and everything could be my RCA cables as I am not sure where to wire them into my pioneer single din head unit but I tried putting them into all 3 options (Sub, F, and R) other than that, my speakers are wired parallel, any help is appreciated!

I tried putting them into all 3 options (Sub, F, and R) other than that, my speakers are wired parallel, any help is appreciated!
Not being an ass here, but did you put the rcas into the input rcas on the amp? Also, did you turn the gain clockwise after installation? Are your amp crossovers off? If yes to all these, when the amp turns on, unplug and reinsert an rca and listen to the speakers to verify they make a noise. If there a pop or hiss, can you connect your phone or ipod to the amp's input rcas and play music?

yeah the RCA's are plugged into the input on the amp, when I unplug and reinsert the RCA's no sound comes out of the speakers, i will try messing with the gain and the crossovers though I have not tried that yet. What im more confused about is how to plug the RCAs into the head unit, are 6x9s in boxes considered a sub, front speaker or a rear speaker? I appreciate your help!!

Well if your 6x9s are in the front you would have the RCAs in front. If in the rear have them in rear. Just for the fade front/rear settings.

Not a subwoofer so not in subwoofer.

Turn the gain up 1/4 up and see if you get any sound.

So i tried the gain, and turning off the crossover and nothing is happening still, im not sure what the issue is as i have checked the wiring inside the boxes and they seem ok too, how do i hook my phone up to the RCA's? might help me diagnose issue

how do i hook my phone up to the RCA's?
Screenshot_20200707-233037.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.