6x9 are popping!!

johnnyvolcom5
10+ year member

XBL TAG xL BLAZE ix
Minnesota
So ive always had nice subs....had some w6s for about 4 years.....had them in a sealed box i acquired from a buddy along with a weak amp, only giving them each about 400 rms. So my sick addiction for electronics has spread to car audio now, and i just uprgaded my amp and built a nice ported box tuned to 32hz. the problem is the bass is pushing up on my 6x9s in the back now and making them pop...LOUD. I shoved some old t shirts up by where they are mounted and it works, but the bass keeps knocking them out. I am going to upgrade all my speakers as soon as i have the money, but it most likely wont be until school is out and i can work full time again. College ***** all my money. What could i do to stop this form happening?

On a second note....anyone with some 6x9s for a good price let me know.

And a third note, suggestions for a front stage would be awesome. Keep in mind the low college budget please!

Thanks guys!

take them out
What and only run stock front speakers?

Id like to keep ALL my speakers until i get upgrdes! But thanks for that i guess! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

have some infinity 6x9 3 ways, handles 100rms, get nice and loud, and clear ass hell highs for 65 + shipping, let me know
I may be interested if is 65 shipped to Minnesota, but im thinking about just taking them out and buying a front stage for now.

Is this a good plan guys? Heres a thread i started about some comps i found.

What and only run stock front speakers?
Id like to keep ALL my speakers until i get upgrdes! But thanks for that i guess! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
:fyi:You have your sound system priorities all wrong then. You should be asking who has a set of speakers that fits your front doors for cheap instead of asking for cheap 6x9s;)

Yo i'm moving and i'm gonna sell my car i got some nice jensons if u need i'l sell my car in about 5months i'm gonna take out my stocks..let me know if u wanta wait that along im in minnesota

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.