6x8's for a mustang

Participant count
  • Participant list

JohnCU
10+ year member

Clemson
My friend wants to replace the speakers in his '98 mustang GT and I checked crutchfield and they said that the front and rear take 6x8s so I checked out their options and I'm looking at the Pioneer 6x8s. One pair is 3 way and the other pair is 4 way. Should I get two sets of 4 ways or make one set 3 way and the other 4 way? What configuration would be best? Or 2 way all around? Need some help, always get confused with the different "2-3-4 ways"

find some 6x8 components and go with them. MB Quartz has a nice set for about $350
if he has the mach 460 system, he is going to want to get a nice component system for the front to use up the factory locations. and in the rear if he has the mach 460 system, they are 5-1/4"s, not 6x8"s. and there is much better stuff out there for $350 than mb quart. i think you canfind a decent pair of focal 6-1/2"s for lesss than that. and make sure you listen to what you are going to buy before you buy them. what sounds good to someone else might not sound good to you. that is the most important thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.