6x8 speaker help

Brandon9
10+ year member

michigan
Hi i have 2 sets of kicker ks6x8 right now in my car they are powered by an amp and its all done right. But to me they still don't sound good and will distort at high volumes. What would be a better speaker to upgrade to? i was thinking maybe the alpine r? Any other opinions thanks

Bump your amp gains down a bit and turn up the HPF. This is the standard troubleshooting solution for making speakers stop distorting at high volume when they're on a separate amplifier. Also, if you have any frequencies boosted on your equalizer that can introduce the distortion or make it even worse.

Hi i have 2 sets of kicker ks6x8 right now in my car they are powered by an amp and its all done right. But to me they still don't sound good and will distort at high volumes. What would be a better speaker to upgrade to? i was thinking maybe the alpine r? Any other opinions thanks
distrtion is due to the frequencies the speaker is getting, either go with components or set your gains and hpf correctly

get an mdf adapter and buy some 6.5 components //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alpine Type-R are probably alright, though in that price range I probably would have considered JBL MS-62C. They have more consistently good reviews. Talkaudio.co.uk reviewed SPR-60C Type-Rs and described the tweeters as "spitchy" when driven hard. He gave excellent review to MS-62C (as well as many people on forums).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.