6th order for 2 SQ hds10s

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm curious why you are asking about a 6th for those subs?.. that's a pretty good sized box for 2 10's... are you trying to maximize a freq or SQ it?

ive seen a guy run 4 old Rockford 8s on 250 watts all together in a 6th order it sounded clean real clean and I though I could do the same with these 10s the box for his wasn't very big either.
I dunno... the problems people have tuning and building those "projects" almost don't seem worth all the hype to me... I've heard a few and they can sound GREAT but there's always a story about this or that... and usually not a good one...LOL!.. just my lowly opinion...

I dunno... the problems people have tuning and building those "projects" almost don't seem worth all the hype to me... I've heard a few and they can sound GREAT but there's always a story about this or that... and usually not a good one...LOL!.. just my lowly opinion...
what sorts of problems? they seem pretty easy to make.

what sorts of problems? they seem pretty easy to make.
Once it is in and tuned they tire of the tuning and realize the frequencies are not really what they want anymore... IDK... too much cabin gain or not enuff' gain at the frequency they were looking for, too narrow of a passband, too low or too high... LOL!.. of course I've heard some amazing ones as well that take your head off, provide extra A/C they are so windy or just plainly sound great!.. Each to his own, I guess... I watched a shop take 3 weeks doing a large one and when I heard the price I was put off... of course it DID look great and sounded OK when it was done... but it looked like a lot of work to me.

Ive asked places that build subwoofer box and they do charge a lot for a 6th order, but on youtube theres a guy that has a 4th order with these 10s on 300 watts and another guy with a box built by GP that was a kerfed box and that guy had it metered at 143db, I thought 6th order would be perfect but maybe not.

Ive asked places that build subwoofer box and they do charge a lot for a 6th order, but on youtube theres a guy that has a 4th order with these 10s on 300 watts and another guy with a box built by GP that was a kerfed box and that guy had it metered at 143db, I thought 6th order would be perfect but maybe not.
Maybe it will be PERFECT but the search for perfection in this hobby usually costs a bundle... I'm a cheapo... I tend to skimp everywhere but maybe you don't have to... I was only chiming in with my opinion... LOL!

Maybe it will be PERFECT but the search for perfection in this hobby usually costs a bundle... I'm a cheapo... I tend to skimp everywhere but maybe you don't have to... I was only chiming in with my opinion... LOL!
true it does cost but any advice is great since im no grand master woodworker.

There are some experts on this forum and I'll bet if you list your overall dimensions and power/tuning requirements, you might get surprised at what others will come up with for you... I'm out... I'm not ashamed to admit that this one is above my pay grade so to speak...

Ebp is 69. Meaning you could do a 4th or a 6th.

If you opt for a 6th, often the rear chamber is larger and tuned low. The front chamber is usually smaller, tuned high obviously and with more port area. I dont know the fine details of 6ths tho.

Paging @csc_stang

Ebp is 69. Meaning you could do a 4th or a 6th.
If you opt for a 6th, often the rear chamber is larger and tuned low. The front chamber is usually smaller, tuned high obviously and with more port area. I dont know the fine details of 6ths tho.

Paging @csc_stang
quite the opposite. The small chamber is tuned low and the front chamber is big and tuned high.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.