Aero port 90°elbow

Participant count
  • Participant list

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
Need to calculate my port length. I need 16" to make my tunning.. I want to up fire my subs and my port (only option).. my inner Dimension height is 16.5". Outer dimension height is 18 3/4. Using 3/4 mdf n double baffle.. so I was going to put a 90-degree elbow on the port to make port length.. I bought an adjustable Aero . All I can think of is run it 16" straight. Fill it with sand. Then use The elbow and fill it with the exact same amount of sand.. thoughts?

Just measure down the centerline of the 90 elbow. Curve the tape measure around and start and stop where the pipes meet.

A lot of times on a short elbow, the centerline distance is the same as the ID of the pipe. Or pretty close to it

Need to calculate my port length. I need 16" to make my tunning.. I want to up fire my subs and my port (only option).. my inner Dimension height is 16.5". Outer dimension height is 18 3/4. Using 3/4 mdf n double baffle.. so I was going to put a 90-degree elbow on the port to make port length.. I bought an adjustable Aero . All I can think of is run it 16" straight. Fill it with sand. Then use The elbow and fill it with the exact same amount of sand.. thoughts?
That does make sense...fill the straight one... then fill the port /w/ the 90 in it... then trim length till it displaces the same as the straight one... does that sound right?... IDK... sounds like it might work

I don't see how using sand wouldn't give you an exact figure.. but I am curious if just measuring down the center of the pipe would work as well. Would be much easier. I'll try both ways and see if I get the same length

I don't see how using sand wouldn't give you an exact figure.. but I am curious if just measuring down the center of the pipe would work as well. Would be much easier. I'll try both ways and see if I get the same length
With any port you measure down the center for length, so same applies for a round port. Just a little harder to do. But very doable. Also there is a formula to find the middle radius, something about the inner and outer. Don't remember the formula though. A little googling will find it though

With any port you measure down the center for length, so same applies for a round port. Just a little harder to do. But very doable. Also there is a formula to find the middle radius, something about the inner and outer. Don't remember the formula though. A little googling will find it though
Oh no... another formula... the last one for this issue was a doozy!.. why not?.. I'd love to learn this.

Lol yea another formula. You have to know the inside and outside diameter of the bend.

I always just eyeball the centerline with a tape measure.

OP. What diameter pipe are we talking about here?

Hope it fits... ill make it work

Screenshot_20170625-195012_zpsza1i0cn3.png'%20alt='Screenshot_20170625-195012_zpsza1i0cn3.png'>%7D

Ahh... Yea sorry I don't have a 8" on hand. Have a 6 and a 4. And both centerline are the same as the ID.
If I recall your port is pvc right? If you got the same schedule/ wall thickness then you should be good
I hope.
20170619_181832_zps5o4grdtm.jpg'%20alt='20170619_181832_zps5o4grdtm.jpg'>%7D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.