$650 To Spend On A System, I Need Quick Help!?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1K
U

Unregistered

I am a 16 yr old kid who just got his car, so far i have 650 dollas to play around with for subs and amp, i have a hook up with the owner of my local audio store, so i can get a pretty decent system for only 650, the problem is, i don't what setup i should get, i know i want 2 12" or 2 10" and amp, but i dunno what kind, can anyone help me?

wut about everything else, the radio, mids, treble, u got that already, i personally like rockford.

ok, i got a pioneer deh-p4400 headunit, i got infinity speakers, i can get a really good deal on compVR's, i think i want 3 ten inch ones, but i want other idea's, oh and i have and audi 80 four door, and the backseat doesn't fold down. just gimme some idea's on subs and amps, i'm in kinda of a rush, i'm getting my pay check next weekend, so i'm gettin it all done in a few weeks

Hey make that a new post make sure everyone sees you so they can help you they can do better than me!

Just to let you know though this is what i have so I am biased

2 12" alpine type R 300 watt rms(love to death pride and joy)

dual angled box

crunch 1000 watt 2ohm stable amp(replacement needed!)

sony cdx-ca700x

if you want what alot of other people have.. go with 3 10" mtx6000.. and get a nice matching amp.. if you want what everyone has.. at least that's what they have around here.. else... you might wanna look into the type r's.. : )

if you ahve the hookup, then use it! if you know the owner of a local shop, they should be able to tell you (and hook you up with) the best stuff for your money. if not, go to ebay, get a pair of jl 12w3's and a decent amp like a jl 500/1, and you will be bangin harder and cleaner than most!

For an amp i recomed the sony xm-3001sxd d-class mono amp or the mobile es one is the 6000 model.these amps put out 300rms in 4 ohms and 600rms in 2 ohms and 1000 rms in 1 ohm so they have lots of power and not just that the amps sound good also.i bought this amp at future shop so if i didn't like it i could bring it back in 30 days but i kept it because it is very sweet.This amp will cost you about $200 so it will leave you money for the rest of stuff. i would like to help with the other stuff but i'm in the market for some subs so i haven't tried out those yet.

Subs and an amp for $650- I think we can do it for less and still get amazing performance that will outperform many setups costing twice as much.

Subs-->

Adire Audio Shiva $125.00/each --- 2 for $250.00

http://www.adireaudio.com/cd/shiva.htm

Highlt reccomended- and exceptional performers. Dont let the price fool you, Adire keeps the cost low by offering a no frills strait forward woofer that really performs.

Amplifier--->

Nakamichi PA4001

http://www.nakamichiusa.com/auto/amplifiers/pa_4001_specs.htm

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/nakamichi.html

Ultra high quality amplifiers- very clean design and performance. - $309.99

$309.99

$250.00 = $559.99

Almost $100.00 under budget- and a very decent set-up all arround.

take it easy,

-zane

I'd go with 2 12" rockford HE2's 3212's (100 a piece) and a rockford 800.2 (338), total 538. If you want to stay with the comp vr's you can get 2 12's for 180 with the rockford 800.2 for 518. then you have to get a box and wiring but overall it will be way less than 650.

go with 2 10" xtant hex subs and a decent 500watt single channel amp. run both subs into the one channel and u will be amazed by what they sound like. hard hitting and crazy cheap. like $125 or so apiece. id say for an amp look into orian if u can find one to fit the budget. even a 400watt amp will work. just remember the trick is gettin a 1 channel amp for the 2 subs. hey good luck and build the box urself it will save a ton. later.

Originally posted by Unregistered I'd go with 2 12" rockford HE2's 3212's (100 a piece) and a rockford 800.2 (338), total 538. If you want to stay with the comp vr's you can get 2 12's for 180 with the rockford 800.2 for 518. then you have to get a box and wiring but overall it will be way less than 650.
i wanna know where your finding rockford he2's 3212 model for 100 a peice ????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.