'65 Nova audio design

chev4life
10+ year member

Hey all, I am trying to layout a stereo for my 65 Chevy ii and I could use some feed back. My system will be simple but I'm struggling with what to go with. I will be doing 6.5" in custom kickpanels and glassed enclosures partially into the fenders...either coax or single source mounted comps along with a pair of 10's. I want to run a single amp and the subs in a small sealed enclosure. I was leaning toward the following but nothing is set yet..plan on doing more looking at sema this year.

Fronts: Pioneer TS-D1602R

Subs: Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 10" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm or JL 10W3's

Amp: Sundown Audio SAX-125.4

I'm not sure the Sundown bridged channel is enough for the HO's and my heart isn't set on anything other than the sizing and layout. Thanks!

Sorry...I dont have a great far away pics as most are up close of the mods/updates I have been doing:

Nova.jpg

7b0c2c21.jpg

8b072ab2.jpg

Bucket seats and a customer center console are waiting until the audio layout is complete so I only have to take her apart once.

Thanks. I love the engine note..350, long tubes, duals through an X-pipe:cool:... but I commute with her a couple times a week and Im an audio freak so I need tunes!

Sorry...I dont have a great far away pics as most are up close of the mods/updates I have been doing:
Nova.jpg

7b0c2c21.jpg

8b072ab2.jpg

Bucket seats and a customer center console are waiting until the audio layout is complete so I only have to take her apart once.
While I would have likely gone a bit different direction with the wheels, still def made my sticker peck up !

Nice ride!!

Thanks again for the compliments.

Now what do you guys think on my amp/sub selections? I have been using ARC's on my last 3 installs and I love em but I have been using multi-amp setups. I have been having a hard time findings a good multi-channel that can drive my system no matter how simple I want it to be. I could go to a dual-amp setup but they would have to be tiny...the goal is "Retro-Mod" so I want it to have the old-school feel to it.

Im gonna have 350-400 (i think in the head unit)...still waiting for it to be released...but I would like to stay under 1500 in components if I can. Basically 1100 for speakers and an amp. I already have the wiring, sound deadening, and am doing all the work myself (except for the vinyl work) so that is covered. My budget is flexible as I want the right stuff. I was originally thinking of trying to go all american made but I have been out of the audio circle for awhile. Finished my Mazdaspeed about 5 years ago so a lot of things changed.

U can always go with the HD 600/4 and 1200/1 I'm selling //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol car looks nice, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.