6 shiny new sub's ! but what make and model are they !?

sideshowbob

uk
http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/machinedred/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140118_183043.jpg

Hi guys I want to build a ported single box for all 6 sub's but I need to find the thiele for them any help greatly appreciated http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/machinedred/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140118_183150.jpghttp://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/machinedred/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140118_183047.jpg its a 10 inch twin voice coil 4ohm each the dust cap seems to be stuck on by hand not perfectly centred like its a later mod to a manufactured driver , all i can find is a similar Orion basket and motor I need some specs as this box is going to take a lot of work .

Last edited by a moderator:
sa-series.html

Looks like a Sundown SA basket, with some other motor. I am not sure though, we are gonna need a guru, or two.
Tons of subs have that basket. Subs before Sundown was even a company.

Could be anything. Orion used those baskets, Audiomobile used them, pretty sure Eclipse used them.

OP remove the rubber boot around the magnets on the motor. There may be a sticker on the motor with some identification.

Being that these are a mystery woofer and no one seems to know what they are or have any specs for them I think you are going to have to take a shot in the dark on this one or buy yourself a woofer tester or similar device. Most 10 inch subs work well in 1.25 cubic feet per sub tuned to 32-35 hz. With no tsp's I would start there and see what it sounds like. Looks like a nice little driver you have there. I am sure with a decent enclosure behind them you would be happy

Make an adjustable aeroport would be my 2 cents.
thanks guys ! Great suggestions , so far I have tried a 0.5,0.6,0.88,1 sealed and a 1.8 ported at 33 the driver really struggles under 0.88 , the ported 1.6 sounds amazing at 45 hz but tails off towards its port tuned frequency anything less than 33 is just massive movement with little dB . should I make my box for all six one big enclosure or 2 or 3 enclosures ? Its a tight squeeze in The back of my Austin mini pickup truck and the port will fire into the tiny cab (behind the seat) which is only a few cu ft itself , how will this effect my box size and porting ?? Thank you for your replies in advance .bob

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.