6"x9" Speakers with more bass w/out amp

naji247

Hey guys, I'm new here and I've just recently taken interest in my car! I'm looking for a good 6x9 speaker with a better bass and mid rather than highs. I've been looking around, but much of the posts are out-dated so I want to make sure I can get something recent. I'm willing to spend ~$130.

Also, what are the downsides/upsides to having 6x9 speakers? My front-doors are 6.5's instead.

princ3, I was just saying that I have 6.5s in fornt and 6x9's in the back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

mclerico, Thanks so much!!!

it depends on what you want to build up.....

alot of people here dont really run any speakers in the back and build up there front stage..

do u have the stock headunit? any amps at all?

For one you are looking for mid bass... Bass will come from a possible future sub lol? If I was you if buy a good set of front components and amp them and leave your backs stock to see how you like it after you get the fronts done....

So you suggest that I change the fronts, get an amp, see how I like the backs and find my bass with a sub? I guess I could do that, it sounds more logical haha. How do I go about choosing an amp though?

it depends on what you want to build up.....
alot of people here dont really run any speakers in the back and build up there front stage..
That's a good point. The rear speaker is the last thing I'd worry about. Actually right now I don't even use rear speakers. Not that I mind the rear fill, but once I have gone active, I have run out of pre-amp and amp channels for the rear. I can see myself buying a set of nice rear speakers once I have a processor with surround sound capability, like MS-8.

So, I'm assuming higher-end speakers usually require an amp which is why none of these are that expensive?
I would say pretty much all car speakers require good amplification, that is better than the deck stereo amplifier. Even $50 coaxial speakers sound better with good power. Fortunately, these days decent amplifiers have become so cheap. I would say to start building your system from an amplifier. A good start is to get a decent entry level 5-channel amplifier made by a quality brand, such as Alpine MRX-V30 (around $300 online) or Boston Acoustics GTA-1105 (under $300 online). This will provide enough power for most speakers out there, and plenty bass impact from subwoofer if the sub is chosen right. This will give you a lot of possibilities. You could power all speakers or if you feel like you don't need the rear channels, bridge the speaker channels to send all power to the fronts. Having a head unit with at least 2 sets of pre-amp outs would help. It would still be a wise choice to run the rear speakers from stereo head units power, and not waste the much better amplifier channels on them.

In terms of which speakers to run in the rear.. try the ones you have right now. One way of choosing rear speakers is simply to buy a lower end coaxial version of what you have in front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.