SOLD 6" flared aero ports

Participant count
  • Participant list

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have three that I do not need. I DO need a 4" if someone has one laying around though!

They are schedule 40 PVC, 6" inner diameter, 8.5" at the the outside of the flare, 18" long TOTAL... I have them all three mounted on a baffle I sued for my BTL18 box but I will separate. Looking to get $30/ea for $80 for the baffle and all three ports. These are NOT painted or anything on the inside so they are VERY smooth. front pieces have four, countersunk screw holes for mounting.

In the first picture, that is the most recent and as you can see, I did not use enough tape and the right two separated. I'd say either use more tape than I did or use some rubber pieces from Home Depot type stores...

almostfinishedsetup003.jpg

triples.jpg

triples2.jpg

depends on the box size, a single 6" is 28.26" of port area. So, I would say it would be good for like 2.5ft^3 - 4.5ft^3 boxes...

I would assume for a pair of 12"s you are in the 3ft^3-4ft^3 range which would give you 9.42-7.06 sq.in. of port per cube which is just fine.

yea its 3.9 before all displacements
Does that account for the wood thickness too? If so, let's assume you will en up with like 3.5ft^3 net... that will give you 8.07"^2 port area per cube and being 18" long will get you around 32hz. You can always shorten it to get a higher tune as well.

So, simple answer. YES, one of these will work just fine for you.

it does account for wood. but after subs its a likeeee 3.6. and yea i was goin for around 32hz. ill let you know. dont know, i might use 2 4" ports

it does account for wood. but after subs its a likeeee 3.6. and yea i was goin for around 32hz. ill let you know. dont know, i might use 2 4" ports
yeah, let me know but FYI... a single larger port is better than a pair of smaller ports.

why is that? but yea i was just going to use 2 becuase they'll be facing my hatch so it'd look better
to be 100% honest, I have no idea. That is just what I have always been told by the pros and everyone on here as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.