.6 ohm stable amp

Im not sure I just baught it and I don't know much about the ohm loads. It's wired to nothing right now, I tried wiring to my power acoustik 2000 watt amp, and it went straight to protective mode. So now I am looking to get a amp that will run this woofer

I thought it was 1.2ohm wired down to .6ohm

... BUT ANYWAY!

The amp I suggest...

... MA Audio hk401sx ( It's 1800rms @ .5ohm STABLE! )

and you can probably purchase it on ebay for like $238 to $300

( It's WORTH EVERY PENNY! )

I thought the HDCs only come in either dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm coils? I suppose you might have the D1 and get a single .5~.6 ohm load when wired in parallel.

But if each coil reads .6 or lower then you might have a burnt coil.

I'm just going off what the guy whole sold it to me said. It's the d1 ohm. I wired the two positives in my positive channel of my amp, and my two negatives into my negative channel, and my amp went straight to protective mode.

+ of one coil 1 to neg of coil 2. Then neg of coil 1 to neg on amp and pos of coil 2 to pos on amp
in case you didnt understand that... lol

1_1ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.