6 Channel Setup with 2 Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am currently working on a 08 328i bmw. I have the DLS 4PSA speakers installed up front, OEM woofers under each seat, OEM speakers in the rear doors and deck. Right now everything is being powered by the BMW HiFi amp which is about 20 rms a channel at 2ohms. The DLSs' are 4ohms so they are only getting 10rms and don't sound very impressive.

I just bought a Kicker ZX350.4 amp which I am planning on using to run the DLSs' and the OEM woofers. I was also going to find a really cheap 2 channel amp to run the rear speakers. My question is: would I be better off finding a $60 Sony 4 Channel amp to run the OEM woofers and rear speakers, and running the Kicker as a 2 channel for the DLSs? Since the Kicker will be doing less work it should produce cleaner power. Only thing is the DLS's can only handle 50rms a channel and the Kicker produces 60x4, so I'm not sure if it is really worth it.

Also, if anyone has a cheap 2 channel amp they wanna sell I might be interested //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

tl;dr

Is providing much more power verse a little bit too much power better for overall sound quality?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.