• Participant list

trumpet
5,000+ posts

Barry Schanz
Item(s) for Sale:

Clarion XC6610

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used

Design derived from the works of the legendardy Robert Zeff. This is not a Zeff designed amplifier, but read this review and decide for yourself if this is a worthy amplifier:

Clarion XC6410 Amplifier Review

...In a word, the amplifier sounds excellent. I'm used to having to put up with a bit of telltale class D “hash” from a lot of full range class D amps, but the XC6410 has none of it. As in zero. Nor does it have any type of audible noise or hiss – even with the gains fairly high and my ears only a short distance from my tweeters. Clarion has come up with a really good sounding amplifier here and I'm having a great time testing its mettle with a variety of musical genres at both low and high volume levels.
6/5/4/3 CHANNEL CLASS D AMPLIFIER MSRP : $649.99

・ 1,000 Watts of Maximum Power Output

・ 250 Watts x 3 Channel @ 4-Ohms Bridged

・ 125 Watts x 6 Channel @ 2-Ohms

・ 85 Watts x 6 Channel @ 4-Ohms

・ Conformally Coated PC Board

・ Stainless Hardware

・ MOS-FET Power Supply

・ High/Low Pass Electronic Crossover, 50Hz-500Hz

・ Variable 12dB/Oct. Bass Boost for CH5/CH6

・ Variable Gain Control

・ 2 × 40 Amp ATC Fuses

・ Switchable High Level Auto Sense

・ Soft Turn-On and Turn-Off Circuitry

・ Ground Loop Isolation Circuit

・ Corrosion Resistant RCA, Power, and Speaker Connections

Class D Amplifier Design

Using MOS-FET power devices, the Class D amplifier circuitry is able to deliver incredible performance in compact dimensions. In a digital amplifier a Pulse-Width Modulator (PWM) expresses a low-frequency audio signal as a wide pulse, and a high-frequency audio signal as a narrow pulse. This then undergoes digital-to-analogue conversion for output, which is the basis of any digitally recorded media hence excellent affinity to digital sources. High power conversion efficiency means less power wasted and less heat generated, therefore an absence of bulky heat sinks.

Circuit Design Achieves High Quality Sound

Clarion amplifiers feature uncompromising resistance to magnetic noise, thereby minimizing distortion, as well as high quality block terminals to offer low electrical and contact resistance. Easy subwoofer system configuration is possible with the embedded high pass and low pass filters. The result is high quality sound you can enjoy in a variety of systems.

Corrosion Resistant RCA and Block Terminals on all XC series* Amplifiers

By utilizing corrosion resistant RCA and block terminals, XC series amplifiers offer improved durability and reliability in harsh environments. The XC series* amplifiers are true marine amplifiers with oversized aluminum heatsinks and locking power terminals for the harsh marine conditions.

* except XC1410

MOS-FET Power Amp

There' s only one way for Clarion' s main units to deliver unyielding power output and linearity: MOS-FET amplification, or Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor amplification. Smaller and more efficient than conventional power supplies, a MOS-FET amplification circuit delivers power with less distortion and zero On/Off switching noise. This means you can crank up the volume or set it to easy listening. Either way, your sound will be crystal clear.

2-Ohm Stability

Utilizing this design for peak performance and unwavering reliability, Clarion's amplifiers can drive lower impedance loads for increased power.

CEA Power Output:

125W × 6 RMS (2Ω@14.4V≤1% THD+N)

85W × 6 RMS (4Ω@14.4V≤1% THD+N)

Signal to Noise Ratio:

80dB (Ref; 1W into 4Ω)

Price:

$350 shipped OBO

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Free ground shipping to the Continental US.

All other locations require a QUOTE.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

The pictures show the amplifier fresh out of the box. Aside from some trunk dust it looks the same today.

I have 2 of these for sale. The second amp is a little more scratched but still at 100% operation. These are fantastic sounding amplifiers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.