6.5 subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
It’s going under the back seat of a crew cab Sierra I just want to decide on the subs and then buy the amp that’s big enough to power them just wanting to put 2 subs nothing to crazy
You getting a prefab box or getting one built?
My opinion, if going 6.5’s in a crew cab, I would do 4. Four dual 2 ohm subs to be able to wire to a 1 ohm load. As far as power, you doing any electrical upgrades?

Will be going on a built box just need to purchase subs first also I really don’t want 4 subs I just want enough bass to where it will sound nice inside the cab I upgraded all my door speakers and tweeters to alpine type R will be running a Jl amp to push that but still need to buy one for the subs depending what I go for

Will be going on a built box just need to purchase subs first also I really don’t want 4 subs I just want enough bass to where it will sound nice inside the cab I upgraded all my door speakers and tweeters to alpine type R will be running a Jl amp to push that but still need to buy one for the subs depending what I go for
Gotcha. If you could have the height clearance, I would do a pair of SSA f8L 8’s. Only need about 1.1 cubes net. But if you’re stuck on 6.5” subs, either the rds or dd subs will be fine.

2 DD 506 in 1 cube at 36hz worked well in my truck. Had 1-1500w on them at any given point

But I'd also suggest 4 unless you are gonna do some fancy box or the top end performers with decent power backing them up.

20210316_173655.jpg
20220213_094410.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...