6.5" speaker in door Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

gqjeff
10+ year member

Waz up????
IL
Replacing the stocks with Focal K2P's. The question I have is the factory 6.5 speakers had a ring on the outside of them that did not let music out into the door card. When I put the new focals in there is like 1-2" of room from the speaker to the door card so I am sure some music will be lost into the door panel.. My question is should I make another ring thing as the ones from the stocks will not work to make sure the music makes it into the cabin and not lost inside the outer door skin.. Does that make since what I am asking peeps?

Thanks, Jeff

I recently encountered that same thing with my vw. I just removed them and did not notice a significant loss of sound or anything.

Funny I am re-doing a Jetta system too...

yummyjetta.jpg

I would try it both ways. It only takes a few minutes to make a baffle for testing it out. If you like it with a baffle better then you can work on making the best baffle you can.

If you find no effect then no harm no foul, your just out a few hours to test it.

Yea I think I will try and make something.. I def do not think it could hurt anything.. I still think you would loss some in the door cards... The doors are solid as a rock also so I do not want to screw myself on something cheap...

you probably won't tell a major difference or any at all.

I'd personally would just test it with some thick weather seal to see if it'll make a difference or not. If anything, the weather seal might act as a decoupler between the baffle and the door panel.

Yea I will try something. Also any benefit of making my MDF mouting rings and angeling them so the speakers slighty points up instead of straight out near my knees? I am going to use the stock location for the tweets as with the K2P you can adj them for the soundstage to sound right so the tweets will be a couple feet away from the mids...

I dont have any input but I like your Jetta lol
Thanks bro.. Going to be even sweeter with this system and the 19*10 rears and 19*8 fronts going on it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.