6.5 Comps Help

Saze

Hello all,

I know there is alot of threads on this and i have been researching but after I make my mind up on something I find other Stuff so please help

I am in need of help for some 6.5 Components. I have a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer, a pioneer x930bt HU one 12" JL W6v2 and stock Bose speakers all running of a JL HD 900/5. I plan on getting another amp maybe and HD 750/1 or 1200/1 for the sub and then use my original amp for my new Speakers. I need both new front and rear speakers. I know for certain I want Comps in the front and not sure what i should do for the rear Comps or Coax.? So if you guys can help me out with some suggestions on that and also what brand/models to go with. Like to keep it at around 500$ or so. Thanks in advance.

i was checking on some 6.5" for my truck doors and all i read said boston a,s not sure on spelling the last name. those or, i believe, MB quartz. i did find out you can spend anywhere from $100.00 for a pair to upwards of $500.00 for a pair of 6.5" speakers. if you can then the best is to find a audio shop and listen to them. here we pretty much only have walmart, the two selections there, hooked up, were sony and pioneer. pioneer won. but if i did replace my speakers form internet reviews id go with the boston A,s

i would use that amp to go active, you don't really need rear speakers if you have a good front stage. some good component options in the $250 range from my reading are the HAT imagines and the Image Dynamics CSX64. I have some Focal 690CAs in the rear just for fill, but I keep them turned way down.

Thank you all for the replys!

I was thinking of maybe going with some Hertz HSK 165xl in the front and find something else for the rear. But Orange would you say my money is better spend with the Imagine?

Thank you all for the replys!
I was thinking of maybe going with some Hertz HSK 165xl in the front and find something else for the rear. But Orange would you say my money is better spend with the Imagine?
Great choice. If you have a good front stage its kind of pointless to even woory about the rears. You in the front will not even hear them, and if they are a lower quailty they will mess up the sound stage.

The imagines are better sounding those hertz hsk. Those hsk are comparable to the morels that I have. The hats have been the killin it in sq comps for a reason.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.