6.5/6.75 Component Speaker Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big Diego 27

CarAudio.com Recruit
I've been running the Kicker 6.75 cx full range speakers for about 2 years and the front ones(in the doors) finally are starting to go. I power them with a 4 channel kicker cxa360.4(65 rms @ 4 ohms). I'm would like to replace with component speakers and kickers cx Component speakers are $150 a pair. What kind of components might y'all recommend to replace the front door speakers?

I am also running a Kenwood ddx375bt headunit and a single Sundown Sa12 on a kicker 1200.1 amp. The car is a 2011 kia optima. Give me something good popwar.

I've been running the Kicker 6.75 cx full range speakers for about 2 years and the front ones(in the doors) finally are starting to go. I power them with a 4 channel kicker cxa360.4(65 rms @ 4 ohms). I'm would like to replace with component speakers and kickers cx Component speakers are $150 a pair. What kind of components might y'all recommend to replace the front door speakers?

I am also running a Kenwood ddx375bt headunit and a single Sundown Sa12 on a kicker 1200.1 amp. The car is a 2011 kia optima. Give me something good popwar.
Most name brand aftermarket components will be a big improvement over factory ..especially since you have them amplified...be sure to add deadner to your door and do proper tweeter placement for the best sound ... the Kickers should be fine

I'd ditch the rear speakers and run the next pair of front speakers active (which means both mids and both tweeters will need there own channel). You'd be able to properly set your crossover points and your headunit has time alignment which is nice to have.

be sure to add deadner to your door and do proper tweeter placement for the best sound
For sure. If you did these 2 things along with go active then you'd notice a gigantic difference

I do have kenwood 3.5 inch speakers in the dash powered by the headunit. If I go active like this and only use the 4 channel amp for the front woofers & tweeters, would the dash speakers be a problem?

On your headunit the sub will handle the low pass setting, mid woofer will handle the bandpass setting, and tweeter the high pass setting. Should be a perfect match, the 3.5s won't be needed

Should I just leave the 3.5s powered by the headunit since there already installed or remove them? I'll start looking into your recommendation popwarhomie, thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.