500 watts needed, should I get a RF R1200?

Kelvartis

Oregon
I'm going to upgrade subs later, but for now I have a pair of jl w1's that take 250 each..

Oh in both these and future subs they will be in a ported box in case that matters for box rise and the fancy stuff I don't know about.

Prime 500 for 150$ on amazon would work..

the 1200 seems like I could use it more later w/o trading out..

Crescendo symphony 1500.1 looks appealing and would last into the next subs.

American Bass VFL 100.1 also strikes me..

Oh, single voice coil 4 ohm speakers (at the moment)

I'm slowly getting things back to where I want them, car was stolen and stripped a while back.. =(

For now any music is an improvement.

How much alt / battery could I get away with if I got a TS1.3 ?

Would a TS 1.3k out perform a American Bass VFL 100.1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had personally tried either but researched these amps alot recently and I think the vfl 100.1 and ts1.3 would output pretty similar results as far as power and I have heard they are both very solid amps for the money. I know I personally can get about 1500 rms out of my all stock electrical, stock battery and stock 120 amp alt but it always helps to at least dp a big 3 upgrade and get a decent battery up front or 2nd in the rear to take some strain off electrical system, and amp longevity from low voltage during hard bass heavy music.

well, it's set in motion... Twisted sounds 1.3k on the way. lot of overhead isn't a bad thing... and these 4 ohm single voice coils are a temp setup anyway.

The amp, awsome.. My electrical... wont hold up yet.. 60 amp alt stock =\ but that's part of the temp setup with the low end subs..

Lots of upgrades going into this car. It's pushed the wife and I through 7 years of college, it's been through 2 engines, stolen & stripped, Shattered the clutch at 7,400 rpm once..

I got a port n' polished cylinder head on the bench and plans for a turbo charger build in the works. Time to pay back to my pathetic car.

I'm going to upgrade subs later, but for now I have a pair of jl w1's that take 250 each..Oh in both these and future subs they will be in a ported box in case that matters for box rise and the fancy stuff I don't know about.

Prime 500 for 150$ on amazon would work..

the 1200 seems like I could use it more later w/o trading out..

Crescendo symphony 1500.1 looks appealing and would last into the next subs.

American Bass VFL 100.1 also strikes me..

Oh, single voice coil 4 ohm speakers (at the moment)

I'm slowly getting things back to where I want them, car was stolen and stripped a while back.. =(

For now any music is an improvement.
I would take a look at the PPI P-1000.1d.Hard to beat for the money and a little space saver as well

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA08C29R8813&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Car+Amplifiers-_-9SIA08C29R8813&gclid=CjwKEAiA3NTFBRDKheuO6IG43VQSJAA74F77B0KHVtRQkXj_5xZ2Sm_t1g5-s5g4Ssdl4JOzi03NSRoC4Cnw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Testing results

The amp, awsome.. My electrical... wont hold up yet.. 60 amp alt stock =\ but that's part of the temp setup with the low end subs..
Lots of upgrades going into this car. It's pushed the wife and I through 7 years of college, it's been through 2 engines, stolen & stripped, Shattered the clutch at 7,400 rpm once..

I got a port n' polished cylinder head on the bench and plans for a turbo charger build in the works. Time to pay back to my pathetic car.
Take a look at my electrical in my CRV..Does excellent and close to your alt/stock alt

Take a look at my electrical in my CRV..Does excellent and close to your alt/stock alt
Just click on my name and view my information..My CRV is explained of my electrical.Works great and has for approx 3 years or more

Hey man do u know if the ppi 2600.1 about same amp as 1000.1 or it's it better (I know it tested at 938 or so at 2ohm)

Hey man do u know if the ppi 2600.1 about same amp as 1000.1 or it's it better (I know it tested at 938 or so at 2ohm)
I have no idea man..That would need to be researched.I know the PPI P-1000.1d is an awesome little power house.

Setting things up in the car now.. Been really busy =\

Got power and grounds to both amps. Test fired the TS 1.3k a bit tonight. I'm really impressed and I haven't got to really dig into it.

Need to tuck RCA's and run speaker wire.. mount crossovers.. bla bla..

On a side note I picked up a few misc items I needed at a local music shop... Dude tried to sell me some 4 ferad cap and other **** while saying my 60 amp alt is fine for a 1.3k + 300 watt AB. Just get a big *** batt & this cap!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.