5 cubes sealed, 8 cubes ported?

4 12"s, 5 cubes sealed or 8 cubes ported

• Total voters
build a ported box first. then you can always cover up the end of the port if you want to seal it up.

you cant just cover up the port in a ported enclosure and call it sealed, the volume of a ported enclosure is much more then what it would be if it was sealed, if the subs call for 2cubes each sub, in a ported enclosure, and 1 cube each for sealed, by covering the ports its going to make the box 2 cubes each sub sealed which is no where near the recomended specs for sealed, thus ruining the enclosure to be used with those subs

how about 6 cubes sealed? I mean 4 12s are still going to have a ton of output. Just because they're gonna be sealed doesnt mean they wont be loud. Plus they will also keep up with all the music easy. So you have the best of both worlds. Accuracy plus spl from more subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

A pair of American Bass Hawk 15s will slamm home as well. Just put in a pair in a good friends 02 T.Car in 7.0@31htz on a Cresendo Skyway 3k...
Brahmas are nice. I have a 10" Mk1. Just a single 10 was enough for me.
I dont think this forum is letting that link work. It keeps changing it to a link to this forum. Try this. Just change the dot...
No problem. The Dayton ultimax is one of the better sounding sealed subs I’ve heard. I kinda want to try the 18 in my ride.
I scrolled thru there trying to find TS specs and must have missed them or they weren't displaying. Anyway, looks like 2cuft tuned to ~35hz was a...

About this thread

psych0ticnemes1

5,000+ posts
Psych0tic Customs
psych0ticnemes1
Behind You
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date