5 Channel to factory HU

No. The way the sync setup is tuned is for the drivers that are in the car. You need a way to EQ for the new speakers. Every driver has its own characteristics. You are going to have peaks and valleys you can't correct. Plus when you break the factory seals you get a back wave.

Well thanks for all your comments but it's kinda jebreish for me some (not too say most) of the terms you are using. I thought I had a simple question when I asked if I could splice the wire of the rear speakers to feed the level converter and then feed the amp? But I guess not. And then again, the amp has high level input, so I don't know why I just wouldn't be able to use those!

Well thanks for all your comments but it's kinda jebreish for me some (not too say most) of the terms you are using. I thought I had a simple question when I asked if I could splice the wire of the rear speakers to feed the level converter and then feed the amp? But I guess not. And then again, the amp has high level input, so I don't know why I just wouldn't be able to use those!
I'd say just use the high level input on your amp until you can get a good processor with eq and bass restoration. I use the audiocontrol DQ-61 but there are plenty of other units with similar features.

what amp did you get. most 5/6 channel amps have the ability to provide input for 5th channel from inputs to channels 1 thru 4. you shouldn't need the second LOC if that's the case.
Thanks Chipmunk for the hint, can you tell me how usually this would be wired. Thanks again, much appreciated.

ta51250.jpg

notice how the lower right switch has 2-4-6? that is where you say how many inputs you have. in your case, 4. so you have RCA inputs on channels 1,2,3, and 4.

the LOC's you have are fine. they generate the turn-on signal for the amp remote turn-on. just wire up one (front speaker output) for remote, not both.

the factory system applies filters to the speakers to tailor them to the car. these filters limit certain frequencies. this means a simple upgrade may not sound any better and may actually sound worse because the special filters are not matched to the new speakers. also, the effort to get new speakers to properly seal to the doors is time consuming.

your amp is fine. it's active capable which is not common.

you can add a bass restoration and summing processor like the Audio Control LC7i in lieu of the LOCs or just add an LC2i for Channel 5 input to regain lost bass response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.