5 channel amps (possibly 3 channel)

Mitch86
5,000+ posts

±
Tennessee
Looking around for a 5 channel that will do 600+ @ 2 ohm on the sub channel. 60-100 watts @ 4ohm on the stereo channels would be fine. The only thing I've seen that comes close to what I'm wanting is the Hifonics Zues ZXi60.4+1k. Anyone know if it does rated or close to rated power? Any other suggestions? Budget is in the $300-350 range. One more question.. Why dont more companies make a 3 channel amp? Seems logical to have 2 stereo channels and a mono channel, but just doesnt seem many companies are making them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

i have clamped that amp for around 720 at 2ohm 13.8v at 50hz it does every bit of rated just could use better labels for the crossovers. it believe my actual number was 729 at 13.8 and since the amp is rated at 14.4 i dont doubt 750 rms. it held up to 1ohm fine and even dropped it to .5 for a little while and it didnt seem to bother it but i had a darn good electrical.

I see the Hifonics is capable of running an active front stage too.. So I think I'll go with it unless someone knows of another amp that has these features/specs. I cant seem to find anything that has what I need spec wise, and the Hifonics has even more features that will benefit me since I want to run active. Now I just need someone to tell me its a decent amp! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

and the answer to the three channel thing because its really easy to bridge a 4 channel hell i have a mtx ta7804 that will give you 100x2 at 4 and 400x1at 2ohm bridged underrated as all get out total power was close to 1000rms at 2ohm dual mono 250shipped and its yours

i have clamped that amp for around 720 at 2ohm 13.8v at 50hz it does every bit of rated just could use better labels for the crossovers. it believe my actual number was 729 at 13.8 and since the amp is rated at 14.4 i dont doubt 750 rms. it held up to 1ohm fine and even dropped it to .5 for a little while and it didnt seem to bother it but i had a darn good electrical.
Nice...thats exactly what I needed to hear. I think I've found my amp. I really only need 600 watts @ 2ohm, so this should do the trick! Thanks for the information.

I see the Hifonics is capable of running an active front stage too.. So I think I'll go with it unless someone knows of another amp that has these features/specs. I cant seem to find anything that has what I need spec wise, and the Hifonics has even more features that will benefit me since I want to run active. Now I just need someone to tell me its a decent amp! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
yea i genie pigged for the forum when this amp came out and it did exactly what it claimed and it will accept knu 0 gauge the manual only says 4 but it fit

and the answer to the three channel thing because its really easy to bridge a 4 channel hell i have a mtx ta7804 that will give you 100x2 at 4 and 400x1at 2ohm bridged underrated as all get out total power was close to 1000rms at 2ohm dual mono 250shipped and its yours
Good answer...but it would be beneficial to have a 3 channel with 1 ohm stability on the sub channel. For people wanting to amplify just the front stage plus a woofer it would be better than purchasing 2 amps. Thats the reason for me wanting a 5 channel. I'd do a 3 channel if I werent wanting to go active.

Good answer...but it would be beneficial to have a 3 channel with 1 ohm stability on the sub channel. For people wanting to amplify just the front stage plus a woofer it would be better than purchasing 2 amps. Thats the reason for me wanting a 5 channel. I'd do a 3 channel if I werent wanting to go active.
well thats were amps like this mtx comes in, it can be run at 1 ohm bridged thats basically what running dual mono for 2 ohm is. bridge all 4 channel at .5ohm a piece.

but i sold my hifonics for this mtx. unfortunately the new vehicle isnt big enough for it so now it sits here collecting dust. my mini amp puts out 80w rms per channel which is plenty for me only down side is 4 ohm only no 2ohm speakers and no bridging which is fine for me

I see the Hifonics is capable of running an active front stage too.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

No it can't. Check the crossover labels again. Channel 3/4 low pass extends only to 150Hz. For two way active, you need a low pass crossover frequency somewhere between 2 and 6KHz for the woofer.

By the way. If you can afford it, wait for and buy the new Alpine PDX5. It will be rated 4x100 (at 4ohm)+ 500watts. It will have a real active crossover if you need it. It's also very small.

The Massive Audio NX5 is close. It will do 800@1.
Except bench tests show the NX series dont do rated power.

OP there are like 3 options. Memphis Big Belle, the Hifonics, and I think there is a DLS 3 channel that does that power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.